Instructors, Electrical & Mechanical - Saudi Arabia.
Passion for Teaching Knows No Boundaries
Some jobs are a great opportunity…
Then there are jobs that are a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
Imagine having the opportunity to travel across the world and the rich experience of living in a different country and experiencing a diverse culture. Imagine having the opportunity to teach in Saudi Arabia.
Algonquin College, one of the largest Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology in Canada, and Cadre, a dynamic company with a mission to train local Saudi Arabian talent, have partnered to facilitate the delivery of globally competitive, technical training diploma programs at Jazan Economic Cities Polytechnic College (JEC PT) near the beautiful Red Sea port city of Jazan, Saudi Arabia.
As student registration is expected to continue to increase for the Electrical Engineering Technician and Mechanical Technician-Industrial Millwright diploma programs, Algonquin College on behalf of Cadre is building up a pool of qualified Instructors and Technicians to be able to work in Jazan, Saudi Arabia. These exciting opportunities are one to five year contract assignments and instructors will deliver courses in English using Algonquin College curriculum. Successful applicants will be placed in the pool and will be hired as needs arise.
- An extremely attractive compensation package including assignment premium and health benefits
- The opportunity to travel and gain amazing experiences
- Beautiful, safe and modern location
- Attractive accommodations, rent-free
- Generous vacation time
- Comprehensive orientation program
If you possess a sense of adventure, are culturally aware and have a desire to experience Saudi Arabia we want to hear from you!
The Professor is responsible for facilitating and guiding learning and providing an effective educational environment for all students. Specific responsibilities include:
- Defining learning outcomes and evaluations
- Incorporating educational technologies to meet the learning needs of 21st Century students
- Reviewing, designing and revising course material and participating in professional development activities during non-teaching periods
- Ensuring student awareness of course objectives and evaluation techniques
- Providing tutoring and academic advising for students both in and out of class
- Providing a learning environment which makes effective use of available resources including educational technologies and the College approved Learning Management System
- Keeping current in the field of study and maintaining awareness of emerging trends and practices related to teaching and learning in higher education
Electrical Engineering Technician Instructor
- Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and related work experience
- Experience in the electrical power industry
- Industry certification, standards
Mechanical Technician – Industrial Millwright Instructor
- Mechanical or Manufacturing Technology Diploma or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and related work experience
- Certification working as an Industrial Millwright, Mechanical Maintenance Technologist, Tool and Die Maker or General Machinist
- Experience in the use of CAD tools and CAM would be an asset
- Welding certifications an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience preferably in a college setting
- Experience in curriculum development and in the design of instructional materials
- Experience in use of student management software and learning tools, such as Blackboard
- Ability to use computer software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and experience with PLC programming an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of student success strategies in a post-secondary setting
- Ability to work independently and with others to develop and/or adapt learning materials to help learners achieve their goals